NSFAS Application 2024/2025 Online Application
NSFAS Application 2024/2025 Online Application, NSFAS Online Application
Are you looking forward to apply for NSFAS? Well, there is good news for you. NSFAS application is ongoing now for the 2024/2025 academic year. NSFAS provides financial aid in the form of loans and bursaries to qualified students, allowing them to pursue higher education.By meeting the financial needs of students from diverse backgrounds, NSFAS promotes equal access to education.
In this article we will provide you with all the necessary information to apply for NSFAS for the 2024/2025 academic year, from Eligibility criteria, Required documents, Application opening date and application procedure.
NSFAS Online Application Opening Date 2024/2025
The NSFAS applications for the 2024/2025 academic year is open and ongoing NOW. Interested students may begin to submit their applications for consideration for financial assistance for their higher education. The online application portal is open Now until January 31, 2024, therefore all eligible students must their applications now for the 2024/2025 academic year.
Applicants must note that, NSFAS may not accept late applications, therefore all completed applications and supporting documents must be submitted before the closing date.
Who Can Apply For NSFAS 2024/2025?
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- SASSA grant recipients
- Applicants whose combined gross household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- Persons with disabilities whose combined gross household income is not more than R600 000 per year.
- Must have email account and cell phone number.
Who Cannot Apply For NSFAS 2024/2025?
Students who have previously applied for and received funding, have not yet graduated from their current qualification, and do not intend to change sectors (TVET College to University or vice versa).
They will be funded automatically for the duration of their studies if they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
READ HERE; Can NSFAS Fund My Second Degree 2024-2025
Required Documents To Apply Online For NSFAS 2024/2025
To apply for NSFAS, applicants must upload documents to support their applications. The following documents are required of all NSFAS applicants for the 2024/2025 academic year;
Students with disabilities must provide:
- A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
Students recognised as vulnerable children must provide:
- An applicant who is recognised as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide and Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker
Other documents that may be required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter
NSFAS Online Application Procedure 2024/2025
The 2024 NSFAS online application form is clear, concise, accurate and can be found on the official website of NSFAS during the application period. The application can be completed anywhere and at time provided you meet the requirements and have in possession all supporting documenrs required. Everyone wanting to start a new application process must follow the step-by-step below:
- Create a profile: Create a myNSFAS account via this link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or download the NSFAS App on Google Play or App Store. Your ID number will be your username.
- Apply now: Click on the “Apply’ tab to update your personal information and upload your application supporting documents, as indicated.
- Complete: Submit your application
NOTE: You will be prompted when applying online if any information is incomplete or wrong, making it easier for you to make sure you fill out your application form completely.
READ HERE; NSFAS Online Applications 2024-2025
For general, student and NSFAS Wallet enquiries
For all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Physical Address
- The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
Visit NSFAS Official website: https://www.nsfas.org.za