Can NSFAS Fund My Second Degree 2024-2025
Can NSFAS Fund My Second Degree 2024-2025: Applying For NSFAS Funding
Many students who have completed their first degree often question their eligibility for financial aid from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) to pursue a second degree.
This article aims to delve into the possibility of NSFAS funding for a second degree and equip you with the necessary information to make an informed decision regarding the financial aspects of your educational path.
READ MORE: NSFAS Opening Date For 2024-2025
Can NSFAS Fund A Second Degree 2024-2025?
NSFAS typically does not fund students seeking a second degree unless the second degree is in an area that is in high demand or has been selected as a government priority. NSFAS’s principal mission is to assist students seeking their first undergraduate degree or diploma.
NSFAS funding is often not extended to cover the costs of a second degree after you complete your first. This policy is in place to ensure that the organization’s limited resources are dedicated to assisting as many students as possible in obtaining their first higher education qualification.
Eligibility Criteria For NSFAS Funding 2024-2025
NSFAS sets specific requirements that applicants must meet to be considered for financial aid. You qualify for an NSFAS bursary if you are a South African citizen who plans to study in 2024 or you are already studying at a public university or TVET college and you meet the following requirements:
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- SASSA grant recipients
- Applicants whose combined gross household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- Persons with disabilities whose combined gross household income is not more than R600 000 per year.
- Must have an email account and cell phone number.
How To Apply For NSFAS Funding 2024-2025
A Step-by-Step Guide If you are considering applying for NSFAS funding, here is a breakdown of the application process:
- Create a profile:
Create a myNSFAS account via this link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or download the NSFAS App on Google Play or App Store. Your ID number will be your username.
- Apply now:
Click on the “Apply’ tab to update your personal information and upload your application supporting documents, as indicated.
Submit your application.
Documents Required To Apply For NSFAS 2024
NSFAS applicants for the 2024 academic year must submit the following documents as required of them to apply;
Students with disabilities must provide:
- A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
Students recognised as vulnerable children must provide:
- An applicant who is recognised as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide and Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker
Other documents that may be required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter
NSFAS Contact Information
- Website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- South African students: 0860 067 327
- International students: +27 21 763 3232
- Physical Address: 10 Brodie Road, Wynberg, Cape Town, South Africa, 7700
- Postal Address: Private Bag X1, Plumstead, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 7801
Pursuing a second degree is an investment in your future, and with careful preparation and ingenuity, you may effectively manage the financial landscape. While NSFAS may not be a possibility for your second degree, there are a plethora of other funding options available. Visit the NSFAS Official website here. Hope the provided information is helpful, kindly share your thoughts below in the comment section.