How to Register for NSFAS Online 2024/2025: What You Must Know!
How to Register for NSFAS Online 2024/2025
South African students seeking financial aid for their higher education, must register for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) for the academic years 2024/2025 as it is a very important step. Students may complete their applications from the comfort of their own homes because the procedure is simplified and available online.
This article gives a simple introduction to the online registration procedure, describing the necessary processes and conditions for applying for NSFAS funding. Whether you are a first-time applicant or a returning student, this guide will help you understand the procedure to register online for the 2024/2025 academic year.
READ: NSFAS Queries 2024
NSFAS Application Opening Date And Deadline 2024/2025
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme, NSFAS Online Application 2024/2025 period is said to be open on 21 November 2023 and will close on 31 January 2024. In view of this, all prospective applicants wanting to start a new undergraduate qualification or programme at a university or TVET college and in need of financial support must complete and submit an online application form via the NSFAS website before the closing date.
Documents Needed to Complete NSFAS Application 2024/2025
You are required to provide the following supporting documents for your NSFAS application:
- Students with disabilities must provide: A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form.
- Students recognised as vulnerable children must provide: An applicant who is recognised as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker.
Other documents that may be required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes, retrenchment letter
Who Qualifies for NSFAS Application 2024/2025?
The following people qualify to apply for 2024 NSFAS Funding:
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- SASSA grant recipients
- Applicants whose combined gross household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- Persons with disabilities whose combined gross household income is not more than R600 000 per year.
- Must have an email account and cell phone number.
You are not eligible for NSFAS funding if;
- You have already applied and received funding in previous years
- You have not yet graduated with your current qualification
- You do not intend to change from one sector to another (TVET College to University or vice-versa).
NSFAS Registration for 2024/2025: How to Register Online for NSFAS 2024
Register for NSFAS online via myNSFAS portal. The steps below will guide you:
- Visit the official application portal of NSFAS at: https://my.nsfas.org.za/
- Create a profile: Create a myNSFAS account via this link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or download the NSFAS App on Google Play or App Store. Use your ID number as your username.
- Apply: Click on the “Apply” tab to update your personal information and upload your application supporting documents, as indicated.
- Complete: Submit your complete application. Submit your complete application before the closing date.
For details, click HERE
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme
- Twitter: @myNSFAS
- Instagram: @myNSFAS
- WhatsApp: +27 78 519 8006