Requirements For NSFAS Bursary 2024-2025
Requirements For NSFAS Bursary 2024-2025, Requirements For NSFAS Bursary
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is essential to ensuring that South African students have access to higher education. As the academic year approaches, potential applicants should acquaint themselves with the NSFAS Bursary requirements for the 2024-2025 academic cycle.
In this article, we will delve into the specific criteria and qualifications necessary to qualify for the NSFAS bursary, ensuring you are well-prepared to submit a successful application. Read on to discover the key eligibility criteria, required documentation and academic requirements that will help you to apply successfully for the NSFAS bursary for the 2024-2025 academic year.
READ HERE: How NSFAS Help Students 2024
What is NSFAS?
The NSFAS Bursary is a government initiative that provides financial aid to students from low-income households so that they can pursue their higher education goals. NSFAS fosters economic advancement by offering financial aid to economically disadvantaged students. This assures that people, regardless of financial circumstances, have access to higher education.
NSFAS seeks to decrease societal economic inequities by giving financial assistance. Students from low-income households can attend college, breaking the cycle of poverty and helping to produce a competent and educated workforce. However, obtaining this bursary requires meeting specific requirements and following a comprehensive application process.
NSFAS Eligibility Requirements 2024-2025
In order to be eligible for an NSFAS bursary, a South African citizen must meet the following criteria and either be enrolled in or intend to enroll in school in 2024 at a public university or TVET college:
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- SASSA grant recipients
- Applicants whose combined gross household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- Persons with disabilities whose combined gross household income is not more than R600 000 per year.
- Must have an email account and cell phone number.
READ HERE; How Much NSFAS Money 2024
NSFAS 2024-2025 Required Documents For Application
To complete the NSFAS application successfully, applicants need to gather and submit various supporting documents, which may include:
Students with disabilities must provide:
- A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
Students recognised as vulnerable children must provide:
- An applicant who is recognised as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide and Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker
Other documents that may be required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter
NB: Based on the application type, the system will generate a list of required documents for upload.
READ: How NSFAS Work 2024
NSFAS 2024-2025 Application Process
Prospective applicants may submit their NSFAS applications electronically via the NSFAS website or on the NSFAS App. Follow the steps below to apply online for NSFAS 2024-2025;
- Create a profile:
Create a myNSFAS account via this link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or download the NSFAS App on Google Play or App Store. Your ID number will be your username.
- Apply now:
Click on the “Apply’ tab to update your personal information and upload your application supporting documents, as indicated.
Submit your application
What Is Covered by the 2024 NSFAS Bursary
Tuition and a few other study-related costs are covered by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, NSFAS Funding bursary for 2024–2025, which includes:
- Accommodation: NSFAS covers the cost of on-campus or off-campus student housing.
- Textbooks and study materials: NSFAS can provide you with a study allowance to purchase the required textbooks and materials for your course.
- Meals: The NSFAS provides a meal allowance to help cover the cost of food while you are studying.
- Travel expenses: NSFAS provides a travel allowance to help cover the cost of travel to and from campus.
all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Physical Address
- The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) provides a lifeline to countless students in South Africa by offering financial aid for tertiary education. To apply for NSFAS successfully, prospective applicants need to meet certain requirements and complete the application form as required. Visit the official website of NSFAS for more information. Hope the provided information is helpful, kindly leave a comment below in the comments section.