NSFAS Qualifying Criteria 2024
NSFAS Qualifying Criteria 2024, NSFAS Qualifying Criteria
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a lifeline for South African students, offering financial assistance to make higher education accessible. However, understanding the qualifying criteria for NSFAS is crucial to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements for this valuable support.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the key factors that determine eligibility for NSFAS, providing you with a clear understanding of the qualifying criteria.
READ HERE; NSFAS Closing Date for 2024-2025
NSFAS Qualification Criteria 2024
You are eligible for an NSFAS bursary if you are a South African citizen who plans to study in 2024 or you are already studying at a public university or TVET college and you meet the following requirements:
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- SASSA grant recipients
- Applicants whose combined gross household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- Persons with disabilities whose combined gross household income is not more than R600 000 per year.
- Must have an email account and cell phone number.
Documents Required to Apply for NSFAS 2024
NSFAS Applicants for the 2024-2025 academic year must provide the following documents;
Students with disabilities must provide:
- A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
Students recognised as vulnerable children must provide:
- An applicant who is recognised as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide and Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker
Other documents that may be required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter.
SEE ALSO: NSFAS Allowance 2024-2025
How To Apply For NSFAS 2024-2025
Follow these procedures to successfully register for NSFAS online:
- Create a profile:
Create a myNSFAS account via this link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or download the NSFAS App on Google Play or App Store. Your ID number will be your username.
- Apply now:
Click on the “Apply’ tab to update your personal information and upload your application supporting documents, as indicated.
Submit your application
READ: NSFAS Website
For all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Physical Address
- The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
Understanding the qualifying criteria for NSFAS is essential for South African students seeking financial assistance for higher education. The scheme aims to provide support to those who demonstrate financial need, and academic potential, and meet the specified eligibility requirements. By meeting the criteria, such as South African citizenship or permanent residency, enrollment at accredited institutions, financial need, maintaining satisfactory academic progress, and meeting age requirements, you increase your chances of qualifying for NSFAS. Visit the NSFAS Official website here. Hope the provided information is helpful, share your comments below in the comment section.