NSFAS for 2024 Application
NSFAS for 2024 Application
As we approach 2024, prospective students are eager to learn the ins and outs of the NSFAS application procedure to pursue their educational goals. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a light of hope for numerous South African students, providing the required financial support to open up academic prospects. The NSFAS is a government-funded project that provides financial support to qualified South African students pursuing higher education.
The program provides loans and bursaries to meritorious students, ensuring that no deserving student is left behind due to financial restrictions. In this post, we will lead you through the whole application process for the NSFAS 2024 online application.
Application Opening Date And Deadline for NSFAS 2024
The NSFAS Application period begins on November 28, 2024, and closes on January 31, 2024; so, interested students should begin applying as soon as possible, since the platform is now open and accepting applications from qualifying students for the 2024-2025 academic year.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to submit their applications before the deadline, since NSFAS may reject late submissions.
Eligibility Requirements for NSFAS 2024
You are eligible for an NSFAS bursary for the 2024 academic year, if you are a South African citizen who plans to study in 2024 or you are already studying at a public university or TVET college and you meet the following requirements:
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- SASSA grant recipients
- Applicants whose combined gross household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- Persons with disabilities whose combined gross household income is not more than R600 000 per year.
- Must have an email account and cell phone number.
How To Apply For NSFAS 2024-2025
To apply for NSFAS for 2024-2025, follow these steps:
- Create a profile:
Create a myNSFAS account via this link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or download the NSFAS App on Google Play or App Store. Your ID number will be your username.
- Apply now:
Click on the “Apply’ tab to update your personal information and upload your application supporting documents, as indicated.
Submit your application
What are the Required Documents to Apply for NSFAS 2024?
To apply for NSFAS, the following documents are required;
Students with disabilities must provide:
- A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
Students recognised as vulnerable children must provide:
An applicant who is recognised as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide and Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker
Other documents that may be required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter.
What does the NSFAS funding 2024 cover?
Applicants who are approved for NSFAS funding are covered for:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
After your funding is confirmed, you may also receive allowances for the following:
- Living allowance
- Learning Material
- Personal Care
- Accommodation or Transport
NSFAS Contact Information
- Website: www.nsfas.org.za
- South African students: 0860 067 327
- International students: +27 21 763 3232
- Physical Address: 10 Brodie Road, Wynberg, Cape Town, South Africa, 7700
- Postal Address: Private Bag X1, Plumstead, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 7801
Visit www.nsfas.org.za to see the list of NSFAS-funded qualifications and institutions.
OTHER RELATED LINKS: