NSFAS Application Dates For 2024-2025
NSFAS Application Dates For 2024-2025, NSFAS Application Dates
Are you a South African student aspiring to pursue higher education but concerned about the financial burden? Look no further than the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS). NSFAS offers financial assistance in the form of scholarships, grants, and loans to eligible students.
To help you navigate the application process successfully, this article provides information on NSFAS application dates for the upcoming academic year. Discover the important information you need to know and prepare yourself to seize this opportunity for affordable education.
READ HERE: NSFAS 2024 Consent Form
NSFAS Application Opening Date And Deadline 2024-2025
The NSFAS application portal is currently open and actively accepting applications from interested yet eligible students in need of financial assistance from NSFAS for the 2024-2025 academic year.
The application portal will close on January 31, 2024, therefore prospective applicants are urged to submit their applications before the closing date.
NSFAS Eligibility Criteria 2024-2025
Before applying for NSFAS, familiarize yourself with the eligibility criteria. For the 2024-2025 academic year, applicants must meet the following requirements;
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- SASSA grant recipients
- Applicants whose combined gross household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- Persons with disabilities whose combined gross household income is not more than R600 000 per year.
- Must have an email account and cell phone number.
NSFAS Required Document For Application 2024-2025
To complete your NSFAS application, certain documents will be required. These documents include;
Students with disabilities must provide:
- A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
Students recognised as vulnerable children must provide:
- An applicant who is recognised as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide and Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker
Other documents that may be required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter.
READ: NSFAS Deadline 2024-2025
NSFAS Application Process 2024-2025
As the application portal is open for the 2024-2025 academic year, you may follow the steps provided below to apply for NSFAS;
- Create a profile:
Create a myNSFAS account via this link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or download the NSFAS App on Google Play or App Store. Your ID number will be your username.
- Apply now:
Click on the “Apply’ tab to update your personal information and upload your application supporting documents, as indicated.
Submit your application.
- Track Your Application:
After submission, log in to My NSFAS Application regularly to track the progress of your application. Keep an eye out for any updates or additional requests from NSFAS.
READ HERE: How Much NSFAS Pay Per Month 2024-2025
NSFAS Allowances for 2024-2025
NSFAS disburses the following amounts to cover the educational expenses of students;
- Accommodation: As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
TVET College NSFAS Allowance
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
READ HERE: Why Is NSFAS Delaying 2024-2025?
all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Physical Address
- The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
The NSFAS application process is an invaluable opportunity for South African students seeking financial assistance to pursue their higher education goals. Stay informed about the official NSFAS application opening and closing dates for the 2024 academic year to ensure you don’t miss out on this chance. Visit the official website of NSFAS for more information. Hope the provided information is helpful, kindly leave a comment below in the comment section.