Is NSFAS Open For Second Semester 2024/2025
Is NSFAS Open For Second Semester of 2024/2025, Is NSFAS Open For Second Semester
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) provides South African students with a vital lifeline by providing bursaries and financial aid. NSFAS, South Africa’s leading financial aid scheme, is essential in ensuring that deserving students have access to higher education opportunities. Students who have previously experienced financial difficulties can now turn to NSFAS for the assistance they need to further their academic goals as the second semester begins.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a South African government initiative that provides funding for eligible students’ tertiary education. NSFAS provides financial aid in the form of loans and bursaries to students in order to alleviate financial burdens and ensure equal access to education.
READ HERE; Application for NSFAS 2024-2025
NSFAS Second Semester Application Opening Date 2024/2025
The NSFAS application period is now open for the 2024 academic year. Below is a list of specific application dates and deadlines for the second semester of 2024/2025:
- NSFAS Application for 2024 Second 2 Trimester: 5th May 2024 – 22nd May 2024
- NSFAS Application for 2024 Second 2 Semester: 17th July 2024-31st July 2024
- NSFAS Application for 2024 Trimester 3: 04th September 2024-20th September 2024
READ HERE; When NSFAS Will Open Again For 2024-2025
NSFAS Eligibility Requirements for the Second Semester of 2024
Students must fulfil particular requirements, such as the following, in order to be eligible for an NSFAS bursary for the second semester:
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- SASSA grant recipients
- Applicants whose combined gross household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- Persons with disabilities whose combined gross household income is not more than R600 000 per year.
- Must have an email account and cell phone number.
NSFAS Application Procedure For The Second Semester 2024
The application procedure for NSFAS bursaries is the same as it was for the first semester.
- Create a profile:
Create a myNSFAS account via this link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or download the NSFAS App on Google Play or App Store. Your ID number will be your username.
- Apply now:
Click on the “Apply’ tab to update your personal information and upload your application supporting documents, as indicated.
Submit your application.
Documents Required To Apply For NSFAS Second Semester 2024/2025
Below are the needed supporting documents for your NSFAS online application for 2024:
Students with disabilities must provide:
- A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
Students recognised as vulnerable children must provide:
- An applicant who is recognised as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide and Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker
Other documents that may be required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes, eg retrenchment letter.
For general, student and NSFAS Wallet enquiries
For all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Physical Address
- The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
NSFAS’s availability for the second semester varies, and it is important to stay updated with the latest announcements and application timelines. By meeting the eligibility criteria and following the application process, you can determine if you qualify for financial assistance from NSFAS during the second semester. Hope the provided information is helpful, for more information visit Here. Kindly leave a comment below in the comment section.