Is NSFAS Open For Late Applications 2024-2025
Is NSFAS Open For Late Applications 2024-2025: NSFAS Contact Information
For South African students seeking financial assistance for higher education, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a critical resource. NSFAS plays a crucial role in facilitating affordable education for eligible students. However, it is imperative that students are aware of the application process and deadlines to make the most of this financial aid opportunity.
This article aims to delve into the question of whether NSFAS will accept late applications in 2024 and offer a comprehensive guide for potential applicants.
SEE MORE: Which College Does NSFAS Fund 2024
NSFAS Application Opening Date And Deadline 2024-2025
The application portal for NSFAS 2024-2025 academic year opens on November 28, 2023, therefore the application is currently open and accepting applications from eligible students. All applications for financial assistance for the 2024-2025 academic year must be submitted before January 31, 2024, as NSFAS may not accept late applications.
Eligibility Criteria For NSFAS Application 2024
To qualify for NSFAS funding, applicants must meet specific eligibility criteria. While the criteria may vary based on different factors, some common requirements include:
- You qualify for a NSFAS bursary if you are a South African citizen who plans to study in 2024 or you are already studying at a public university or TVET college
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- SASSA grant recipients
- Applicants whose combined gross household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- Persons with disabilities whose combined gross household income is not more than R600 000 per year.
- Must have email account and cell phone number.
Required Documents For NSFAS Application 2024-2025
For the 2024-2025 academic year NSFAS application, the following documents are required;
Students with disabilities must provide:
- A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
Students recognised as vulnerable children must provide:
- An applicant who is recognised as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide and Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker
Other documents that may be required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes,….eg retrenchment letter.
How To Apply For NSFAS 2024-2025
To apply for NSFAS funding 2024-2025, follow these simple steps:
- Create a profile:
Create a myNSFAS account via this link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or download the NSFAS App on Google Play or App Store. Your ID number will be your username.
- Apply now:
Click on the “Apply’ tab to update your personal information and upload your application supporting documents, as indicated.
Submit your application
- Website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Email: email@example.com
- South African students: 0860 067 327
- International students: +27 21 763 3232
- Physical Address: 10 Brodie Road, Wynberg, Cape Town, South Africa, 7700
- Postal Address: Private Bag X1, Plumstead, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 7801
Check the official website for more information. Hope the provided information is helpful, kindly share your thought below in the comment section.