How To Apply For a Laptop At NSFAS 2024/2025
How To Apply For a Laptop At NSFAS 2024/2025, How To Apply For a Laptop At NSFAS
As technology becomes increasingly integrated into education, having a laptop is no longer a luxury but a necessity for students. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) recognizes the need for digital accessibility and offers eligible South African students the opportunity to apply for laptops as part of their financial assistance package.
If you’re looking to apply for a laptop through NSFAS, this comprehensive guide will guide you through the process step-by-step, ensuring that you have the information you need to navigate the application successfully. From confirming your eligibility to completing the application and tracking its progress, we’ve got you covered.
READ ALSO: NSFAS Helpline 2024
Who Can Purchase An NSFAS Laptop 2024?
If you want to receive an NSFAS laptop, you must:
- Only students who are currently receiving NSFAS assistance are eligible to order the laptop.
- Students must register to enrol in courses at a public university or TVET institution.
- Students must sign the T&Cs while ordering the laptop.
- Students are not permitted to own a laptop provided by their college or TVET.
READ ALSO; How Much NSFAS Pay Per Month 2024-2025
Who Can’t Get An NSFAS Laptop 2024?
The following candidates are ineligible to apply for NSFAS Laptop:
- Students currently not receiving NSFAS money
- students who have previously received a laptop from their university
- The package that comes with a student’s enrolment includes a laptop.
- College students who ordered laptops but did not agree to the T&Cs
- Students in TVET colleges’ first trimester
How Do I Order And Receive Laptops From NSFAS 2024?
To order an NSFAS Laptop device online,
Step 1: Register:
- NSFAS-funded TVET students include: You must be a continuing student who was enrolled in 2022 and is presently enrolled in 2023.
- NSFAS supports university students in the following ways: You must be enrolled in a public institution to apply for a learning device; both new and returning students may apply.
Step 2: Complete the DLD form:
Collect, complete, and return the Digital Learning Device (DLD) form to your campus’s Financial Aid Office (FAO). Order your laptop using the DLD online order portal at www.nsfas.org.za. NSFAS and your university will validate your information as well as your order.
Step 3: Collection:
Following the completion of the verification procedure, an order for your laptop will be placed with our service providers to send the item for delivery. When your laptop is ready, the laptop service provider or your institution will contact you to schedule collection/delivery.
Remember that after you have been contacted for delivery and pickup of the device, no one may accept or collect it on your behalf; you must be there and sign before it is given over to you.
Step 4: Identification
You must produce your ID/birth certificate and proof of academic registration/student card from your institution before receiving your device.
Step 5: Agree to the terms and conditions
You will be required to agree to the terms and conditions as set out by your institution before receiving your learning device.
Step 6: Laptop payment:
Non-NSFAS-funded students who require a device should consult their institutions as they will remain responsible for the payment of the device and must therefore agree to the payment terms as defined by the institution.
SEE MORE: Will NSFAS Be Extended 2024-2025
NSFAS Laptops Frequently Asked Question FAQs
If I purchase a laptop, would I still receive allowances
- Yes, you will continue to receive other benefits like food and travel or lodging expenses.
Is There Anywhere I Can Pick Up My Laptop
- Your laptop must be picked up on the campus of the college where you are enrolled.
I registered even though my NSFAS financing hasn’t been approved yet; as a result, am I qualified to get a laptop
- To order a device, you must be enrolled in an NSFAS-funded qualification at a public university or TVET college and have your NSFAS financing authorized.
Contact Information For NSFAS
For general, student and NSFAS Wallet enquiries
For all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Physical Address
- The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
In 2024, you can greatly improve your educational experience and equip yourself with the resources you need for academic achievement by applying for a laptop through NSFAS. You may speed up the application procedure and improve your chances of getting a laptop through NSFAS by following the detailed instructions provided in this article. Visit the official website of NSFAS here…Hope the provided information is helpful, kindly leave a comment below.