How To Apply At NSFAS 2024-2025
How To Apply At NSFAS 2024-2025: Is NSFAS Open For 2024
The NSFAS, also known as the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, has a vital role in supporting financially disadvantaged South African students in their pursuit of higher education. The application process for NSFAS can be intricate, but with accurate knowledge and proper guidance, you can effectively obtain the necessary funding.
This article aims to provide you with a detailed step-by-step guide on applying for NSFAS for the 2024-2025 academic year, enabling you to maximize your chances of receiving the financial aid you require.
SEE ALSO: Online NSFAS Application 2024-2025
Application Opening Date For NSFAS 2024/2025
The closing date is the deadline by which all NSFAS grant applications must be filed. As a result, all applications must be received by January 31, 2024.
The application portal for the 2024/2025 academic year is currently open, active and functioning. NSFAS may not accept late submissions, thus candidates are requested to submit their applications IMMEDIATELY!!.
NSFASEligibiltiy Criteria 2024/2025
Before you begin the application process, it is important to determine whether you meet the eligibility criteria set by NSFAS. Generally, the following requirements must be met:
- South African citizens or permanent residents
- SASSA grant recipients
- Applicants whose combined gross household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- Persons with disabilities whose combined gross household income is not more than R600 000 per year.
- Must have an email account and cell phone number.
Required Documents To Apply For NSFAS 2024/2025
To complete your NSFAS application, you will need to gather and submit the necessary documents. These typically include:
- Students with disabilities must provide:
A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form.
- Students recognised as vulnerable children must provide:
An applicant who is recognised as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker.
- Other documents that may be required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce Decree
- Proof of legal guardianship
- Marriage certificate
- other documents may be required for appeal purposes eg retrenchment letter.
NB: Based on the application type, the system will generate a list of required documents for upload. We do not accept any affidavits or driver’s licenses as proof of ID.
How To Apply To NSFAS 2024/2025
Follow the step-by-step guide below to apply online for NSFAS for the 2024/2025 academic year;
- Create a profile:
Create a myNSFAS account via this link: https://my.nsfas.org.za/ or download the NSFAS App on Google Play or App Store. Your ID number will be your username.
- Apply now:
Click on the ‘Apply’ tab to update your personal information and upload your application supporting documents, as indicated.
Submit your application
READ MORE:NSFAS How To Upload Documents 2024
NSFAS Contact Information
- Website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Email: email@example.com
- South African students: 0860 067 327
- International students: +27 21 763 3232
- Physical Address: 10 Brodie Road, Wynberg, Cape Town, South Africa, 7700
- Postal Address: Private Bag X1, Plumstead, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 7801
You can visit the NSFAS website https://www.nsfas.org.za. Hope the provided information is helpful, kindly leave a comment below in the comment section.